Maybe this will help you too.
Lately (or should I say ALWAYS), I've been struggling about not living my life to the fullest. I wish I had the time and money to travel during the times when I don't have classes. For the second summer in the row, I've been taking classes. To put it this way, I kind of have to take summer classes in order to not to waste anymore time. I personally don't want to spend more than five years to graduate college. Taking classes during the summer is hard because it's easy to get unmotivated.. Oh my I love being stuck in the library studying for tests that are suddenly being thrown at me every two weeks, while other people are having their version of fun.
I must recall that post that I see on my Tumblrfeed every now and then..
Comparison is the thief of joy.
I must remember that I am not in the point of my life to travel around just yet because I am building up my career right now. By that I mean, taking classes for my major. I'm very grateful to choose a major that will guide me to choose the right career for me. I literally love everything about my major. Anyway, once I reach my career, I will be able to make an attempt to fit traveling into my life. All I know right now is that I want to pursue a career in the healthcare/medical/public health field (lots of words, but still deciding) that will provide me an opportunity to travel. Apparently it's possible, but yeah I still have to do more research on it. "If Youtubers, bloggers, and models are able to travel very often, why can't healthcare providers also travel as much as them??" Me when I suddenly realized few months ago how unhappy I was last summer. By now, you're probably getting an idea that I get insecure when I see other people traveling or doing or wearing something that I want that I can't afford. Y'all, I'm still trying to work on myself.. I'm open to suggestions. Help ya girl out.
I must remember to not to compare myself to others because I can create my own path. Um, hellooo I live in a well-privileged country where people from all parts the world move for bigger opportunities that will guide them to turn their dreams into a reality. Here I am always talking about wanting to be authentic and being true to yourself, while gawking at other people's lives on Instagram. Wow, I think it's time that I actually practice what I preach.. I wonder how many times I have said that before. I sound like a total hypocrite.. Ahh I need to do what will be the best for me and not what will look the coolest for the world to see. I live for myself and God. I should not be caring about what others are doing. It is none of my business. Depending who it is, that's only good for a five minute inspo session.
I feel like whatever I just typed below could be a whole another post, but read on.
I think my problem is that I am scared that I will not be able to do the things on my list, (I mean have you notice how short life is?!) which is true if I continue to think that way. Few hours ago, I saw this tweet, "The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts." For the millionth time, I need to make a effort to stay positive about where I am right now. Honestly, where I am right now, educational-wise, is pretty darn good. I should not let my success peak. I would like to maintain my good habits to keep my grades high, but I still feel the need to redefine my priorities and goals that will work for me. I have the resources (love you hercampus and tribetwentyone) and I should take advantage of that.. I can get through this. I will not ever let anything get in my way.
I should really plan my life around this saying.
Moping around ain't gonna bring any good into my life, so I must do something about it.
That is all, friends.
Side note: Writing this post was so much fun. I feel a bit better now. I just had this urge to write because of the way I strongly felt. I think that is how it works for me when I really want to take the time to write, when I should be studying for my trig test that is on Thursday.. whoops. Honestly, I have no idea when will be the next time when I post again because school is my priority and sadly, I get lazy/tired very easily. However, I hope it will be soon! Meanwhile, go read the blogs that are under My Inspirations.

No comments:
Post a Comment