Hi there! I still like to share whatever is happening in my life. My classes started last week, which began with a Solar Eclipse. Pretty memorable, I would say. This semester is going to be a challenging one because I'll be taking all science-related courses for the first time. It's such a good timing for me to try something new because I know I am ready to conquer this. I'll be taking College Physics 1 (Trig-based) + Lab, Biology 1 for Science Majors + Lab, and the Science of Nutrition (I wish there was a lab for this class). I am so grateful to have wonderful professor with full passion. I look forward to getting to know and learn from them.
Beginning of August, while I was fueled with excitement for my fall classes, I decided to create an intention list solely focusing on my academics. I thought it would help guide me to be successful in my classes, and to increase my productivity. I would also say that it's a generic to-do list. I really love how it turned out honestly. My overall goal is to get straight A's (93% average) with a full understanding of the material, since these are prerequisite courses that will help prepare me for my upper-level science classes. Also, there's that well-known motivational saying quoted by our inspirational friend, Mark Reid.
If that doesn't make feel you any type of way to make you truly study, then I don't know what will besides a personal experience.
Productivity
- Note: For every hour spent in class, spend at least 2 hours with the course material each week
- Deep study
- Completing assignments
- Reviewing notes
- Reading the chapters
- Watching videos related to the material for better understanding
- Hours
- 11 credit hours
- 15 productivity/study hours a week
- Spend at least 1 hour everyday for each course
(break up the hours)
- Study Schedule
- Be consistent
- Add breaks
- Be flexible
- Pomodoro method
- 3-4 minute breaks every 25 minutes
- 10-15 minute breaks every 3 blocks
- On campus
- Focus on harder classes in the Learning Commons
- Use my professors’ office hours
- Study with a group from class
- Biology and Physics Lab
- Begin rough draft of lab report after class
- Prepare and work on pre-lab questions few days before lab
- Take 10-15 minutes a day to read over (and understand) the weekly lab
- Be productive on time
- Finish the assignments 48 hours before the due date
- Read the chapter(s) before the lectures
- Review notes and chapters (new and old materials) before and after lectures
- Begin deep studying 1 week and a half before the test
- Create:
- a study set on Quizlet
- Condensed colorful notes
I'm not too sure if this would be everything. I wouldn't be surprised if I learned a few new strategies throughout the semester. I hope you also find my list helpful. Feel free to let me know about your productive/study strategies. Good luck with your school year or fall semester. You all will do great. Stay focus, ask for help when needed, and think about why you need to get the grade that you need in your classes.
You got this.

No comments:
Post a Comment